- This event has passed.
Fighting fascism – London
February 20 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Join us to launch of our briefing, ‘How the far-right exploits crisis to divide us,’ and our 2024 anti-fascist programme. This event kick-starts a series of TUC-led initiatives in partnership with TUC regions and nations.
Last year we have seen an increase in far-right activities across the UK. Alongside extremist ideologies entering mainstream political discourse. Nativist, racist, and bigoted views gain ground under the guise of free speech, fueling aggressive protests and targeting cultural events celebrating anti-racist struggles.
Join us as we discuss and reimagine strategies against this evolving far right.
- Opening remarks, Paul Nowak – TUC general secretary
- Gargi Bhattacharyya – TUC Race Relations Committee member
- Liam Shrivastava – Institute of Race Relations
- Sophia Siddiqui – Institute of Race Relations
- Stevie Nolan – Belfast Trademark
- Chaired by Kudsia Batool, Head of Equalities, International and Governance, TUC
A drinks reception will follow after the formal proceedings of the event. More to be announced soon.