- This event has passed.
The Future of Democracy in the UK: Public Attitudes and Policy Options
November 27 1:00 pm - 2:15 pmFREE
This seminar gathers leading figures from Westminster, together with an expert on public attitudes and members of the project team, to explore the findings of the final report of the Democracy in the UK after Brexit project.
Over the past two years, a Constitution Unit team has been examining public attitudes to democracy in the UK. The project’s final report will draw together the findings – from two large-scale surveys and a citizens’ assembly – and reflect on implications for policy-makers. It will examine what kind of democracy people in the UK want and consider what changes in policy or behaviour may be needed in response.
Marking the report’s launch, this seminar will gather several leading figures from Westminster, together with an expert on public attitudes and members of the project team, to explore the findings and identify possible next steps.
- Nick Thomas-Symonds MP, Shadow Cabinet Office Minister
- Wendy Chamberlain MP, Liberal Democrat Chief Whip in the House of Commons
- Damian Green MP, former First Secretary of State, and chair of the One Nation Conservatives
- Professor Maria Sobolewska, Professor of Political Science, University of Manchester
- Professor Alan Renwick, Deputy Director of the Constitution Unit
Professor Meg Russell, Director of the Constitution Unit