Press requests are being co-ordinated by the Electoral Reform Society Press Office. Please contact them on [email protected].
- ‘Progressive vote’ to be more split than the right in 82% of England’s council wardsCampaigners warn of vote-splitting as new analysis finds that the average number of ‘progressive candidates’ outnumber right-wing candidates 2-1 in next week’s elections.
- Unite Conference: Union vote to oppose First Past the Post hailed ‘important shift’ in campaign for fair votesUnite members voted to oppose Westminster’s First Past the Post electoral system at their policy conference – pledging support for moves towards a new voting system in UK elections.
- Starmer under pressure as Proportional Representation tops Labour members’ conference demandsPR set for debate in Brighton as “unprecedented” numbers of CLPs call for Labour to back UK voting system change: at least 143 Constituency Labour Parties (CLPs) have called for PR as their sole priority motion to annual conference.
- England’s ‘progressive vote’ more split than the right in 85% of council wardsgressive vote will be systematically ‘split’ in next week’s council elections – with on average two candidates from Labour, Greens and Lib Dems running against just one right-wing candidate in England, new research has revealed.
- General Election: Corbyn allies call for Labour manifesto commitment to scrapping House of LordsStatement from the Electoral Reform Society and Politics for the Many campaign for immediate release, 8th November 2019 Contact Jon Narcross – Communications Officer [email protected] / 07794728820 for more information or interview bids. A Labour peer and other allies of Jeremy Corbyn have joined together to call for a ‘firm commitment’ to scrapping and replacing the unelected House of Lords …